Your local residents’ group
A residents’ group for your area could do a lot to improve your neighbourhood.
For example, you could get together to:
- get children’s play areas set up or improved
- improve safety and security
- help develop youth activities
- improve estate landscaping
- sort out traffic and parking problems
- help and support older or more vulnerable residents
- make sure services are provided by your local council or other agencies and you have a say in them, and
- improve community spirit by holding social events and fun days.
How we can help
As a recognised group, we could offer you some funding (currently £200) to cover the cost of meetings and some other group expenses.
We could also help you:
- set up your group – including writing a constitution and getting a basic accounting system organised
- get basic training in running your meetings and sitting on a committee
- produce newsletters, posters and flyers, and
- prepare paperwork for meetings – including agendas, minutes and reports.
If you have big plans for your neighbourhood, we can help you look for funding through organisations such as the National Lottery Commission or the Sports Council. We can also help you to draw up your funding bid.
Find out more
If you’re interested in setting up a residents’ group, phone our Communications Team on 01480 428709 or email email@example.com.