Winter health & wellbeing
Many of us are prone to all sorts of winter-related illnesses and issues, but there are things we can do to help look after ourselves.
Here are some links on the NHS website with information to help promote health and wellbeing during this season:
- NHS website – Winter health
- NHS website – Coping with colds and flu
- NHS website – Beating the winter blues
- NHS website – Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Preventing the spread of colds & flu
If you happen to come down with a cold or the flu, make sure you follow these three steps to help prevent it from spreading:
- Catch it - use a tissue to blow your nose.
- Bin it - throw your used tissue into a bin.
- Kill it - wash your hands thoroughly with warm soapy water. Use a hand santizer as well for extra prevention.