Embrace - free support for over 65s
Embrace is a free support service that is designed to help Huntingdonshire residents aged 65 and over to remain living independently.
This service can support people to manage their home, remain independent in their own home and access services within the community - for example, dealing with complicated or confusing paperwork such as benefit claims and utility bills, and helping to access benefits and befriending services. Embrace can also help with problems around the home such as installation of grab rails or other changes for those who are having difficulties.
Who can access the service?
Anyone over 65 living in Huntingdonshire can access this service. You do not have to be a Luminus tenant or in social housing, and you can refer yourself directly to Luminus or via any agency.
What support does embrace offer:
- Help with maximising your income
- Assistance with mobility and assistive technology aids for living safely at home
- Reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls and hospital admissions
- Guidance about becoming active in your community and reduce the risk of social isolation
- Help to access necessary grants to undertake repairs and improvements to your home
- Housing advice
- Safety and security tips
- Advice about your general health, e.g. hearing and sight problems
Are supported in times of changing needs, e.g. hospital discharge and bereavement.
How can I access this service?
If you or somebody you know would benefit from additional support to live independently, please contact Embrace on 01480 428562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for professionals
We are committed to working in partnership with healthcare providers and local authorities to ensure our customers get the right care and support. This section of the website gives useful information for professionals who would like to find out more about Embrace, and what support is available to the community.
If you would like to refer someone to this service, please complete an Embrace Referral Form.